Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Outlook and Act V17 Pro intermittent sync issues

Outlook and Act V17 Pro intermittent sync issues

Hello - I tired looking for the solution to this issue, but couldn't find one yet.

-Act! Pro V17.2.217.0 Hot Fix 2

-Windows 7 with Office 2013

-Database housed on local computer, shared with 2 other computers on same network

We have been having this issue lately where the calendar is no longer syncing with outlook.  The integration tool runs and it says it was successful, no errors, but no activities have been added to Outlook calendar from Act.

I have checked the sync settings and they are set as 2-way sync.  I have also tried to just do a 1-way sync.

We had to reinstall Act on Friday because of some apparently corrupted file...but it was reinstalled successfully.  Since then, we've had this calendar problem.  The anti-virus is currently disabled just in case something there was being blocked.

Any thoughts, community?

Thank you in advance.

Administrator

Re: Outlook and Act V17 Pro intermittent sync issues

Hi jthomp03,

A few questions and suggestions:

Is this happening for all activity types?
Are the activities timeless?
Does the issue also occur for other users of the database, or on any other databases, i.e the demo DB?
Could you try running Act and Outlook as administrator?

Re: Outlook and Act V17 Pro intermittent sync issues

Thanks for answering back, Gary W.

Yes, it happens for all activity types.  No type of activity is syncing between Outlook and Act.

The activities are not timeless (they have start and stop time, I'm assuming that is what you meant..)

I haven't tried it with the demo DB, I guess that's something I can try today.

I did try running both as admin and had the same results.