Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Outlook and ACT!

Outlook and ACT!

I am a fairly new user of ACT, but I have been playing around with it for several months.  What I can't figure out is how to get existing contacts in Outlook into ACT! Automatically, or vise versa without manually entering them.  I have been able to link the two so that when I email in Outlook, it will create history in ACT.  Is there any way to link the two in a way that if a contact is added in Outlook the contact will be created in ACT automatically? Any advice or help I can get is appreciated.

Nickel Super Contributor

Re: Outlook and ACT!

There is no way currently to move the contact information from ACT! to Outlook.  The reason for this logic is that Outlook is just for your emails, and is not a contact manager.  So your contacts are entered and remain in ACT!, and you can send an email from either ACT! or Outlook.  If you need to find a way to look up a contact name, your ACT! address book should be linked to Outlook, and if you click on the TO button when sending a new email, it will bring up your ACT! address book, with all your ACT! contacts in it.  Hope that helps.  Brenda
Brenda Dixon
ACT! Certified Consultant
Dixon Consulting Solutions
404-405-4116
brenda@dixonconsultingsolutions.com
www.dixonconsultingsolutions.com
www.GoToAssist.com/sb/dixon (FOR SUPPORT)

I use Act! and Outlook and sync contacts between the two with a 3rd party solution - CompanionLink. (www.companionlink.com )

It syncs not only contacts but calendar, tasks and notes. It can sync changes both ways or one way depending on your preference. So far it has worked well, and they have been providing sync between Act! and a variety of PDAs and programs for years.

Nickel Elite Contributor

File>Import, and when the Import Wizard appears, click the drop-down and choose Outlook as the "what type of file" option.  This will do an initial/mass import from your Outlook contacts.  Hope this helps...
Richard Brust
ACT! Certified Consultant
richard@rbrDataSolutions.com