Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Outlook and ACT!2013

Outlook and ACT!2013

Deleting an email after opening gives me an error message.  I was told that 15.1 patch will resolve that proplem.  Does anyone have this problem?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Outlook and ACT!2013

[ Edited ]

Hello patrickc,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community. Some more information is needed to address your issue:
- What is the error message?
- What version of Outlook do you have?
- Are you opening/deleting the email from ACT! (attachment) or from Outlook?

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

The error message is "Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

I am running 2007

I am not opening in ACT!, I have outlook open for emails.  It happens after I have opened an email, when I am deleting the email I receive the error message.  The error message as ACT! in the blue border on the top of the message. 

I was told by support in December that patch 15.1 would remedy the problem and that patch was scheduled for the first week in January.

Platinum Elite Contributor

This issue has been reported as fixed in ACT! 2013 Service Pack 1. Have you applied SP1 and are still having the issue? If so, we need to further investigate it.

The issue was seen to be caused when a particular view setting in Outlook was enabled. You can workaround the issue by changing that setting:
- In Outlook, select Tools > Options
- In the Options screen, click the Preferences tab
- Click the E-mail Options button
- Under the "Message handling" section, change the value for "After moving or deleting an open item" to "return to the Inbox"
- Click OK, then OK again to save
- To test, open an email message from the Inbox and click the Delete button on the message toolbar to delete it

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.