Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Outlook Template Editor

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Super Contributor
Accepted Solution

Outlook Template Editor

[ Edited ]

Act (Version 12.0.409.0, Hotfix 3) doesn't seem to know about the Outlook  (2007) (i.e. Word) Template Editor.  If I select Write Email Message (from Template) the only option I get is the Act Word Processor.  If I try to edit an Act template, it automatically uses the Act Word Processor. In setting up the email account, I am not afforded an option to select an alternate word processor. 

Act itself has specified in Tools/Preferences/emails that Microsoft Outlook is the email editor (not true for templates) and that email is to be sent via Microsoft Outlook (true). If I desire to write and email message (without reference to a template), it then does use the Outlook editor.  If I wish to write/edit a template or write an email message based upon a template, I can only use the Act Word Processor. Act does not see "ADT" files.

Also, Outlook does not see the Act! address book.

Uninstalling/Reinstalling Act made no difference. 

What should I do to gain access to the Outlook Word Processor in connection with templates?

Message Edited by rconant on 02-09-2010 08:26 PM

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author rconant
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Outlook Template Editor

To use MS Word as your template editor: got to Tools > Preferences > select Communication tab > option at top to select your Word Processer program - change it to MS Word.

For Outlook recognizing your Act! address book, visit this link for instructions on adding it: Add Act! address book to Outlook 2007

Greg Martin
Sage

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author rconant
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Super Contributor

To use MS Word as your template editor: got to Tools > Preferences > select Communication tab > option at top to select your Word Processer program - change it to MS Word.

For Outlook recognizing your Act! address book, visit this link for instructions on adding it: Add Act! address book to Outlook 2007

Greg Martin
Sage
Copper Super Contributor

Thank you, thank you, thank you!  That took care of all my problems (and I had spent quite amount of time trying to resolve the issue).  In my defense , I can see why I missed the solution, as it was buried in a tab called "communications," whereas the selection of a word processor has no obvious connection (in my mind anyway) to a communications issue.  I just simply never thought of looking there.

Roger