Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Outlook Sync

Copper Contributor

Outlook Sync

I am using ACT Pro2012 and Outlook 2010. When I first started using ACT I turned on sync and got duplciates on Outlook of all my contacts. In Outlook I have my contacts sorted into a few directories and I sometimes use categories to label contacts.

Since I do not want all my contacts in ACT and I don't want to use ACT as my email client is there a way to partially sync where only my customers who are in Act get synced with Outlook?

Is there a way to sync the categoriesin Outlook, the Notes in ACT, or other custom fields/dropdowns into Outlook?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Outlook Sync

I recommend avoiding syncing contacts with Outlook ... it's not very reliable (due to the way Outlook treats records).

It's best avoided for the best satisfaction with using ACT!

[ Edited ]

Hello topaz99,
ACT! will only sync contacts in the default Contacts directory in Outlook. Only contacts you wish to sync ACT! should be in this folder. Other Outlook contacts you do not wish to sync can be placed in custom contact directories as they will not be synced.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Contributor

so the 1st time i sync and I already have the contacts in my main Outlook folder, is there a way to sync the records or will it only copy them from ACT creating duplciates? otherwise i will just have to start with empty Outlook folder for best results?

[ Edited ]

If you manually entered the same contacts into both Outlook and ACT!, you can get duplications when you first sync. Before first syncing, you may want to import the contacts into ACT! (File > Import > Choose Outlook as the file type). This could reduce the number of duplicates. The following KB articles takes you through the Outlook import process:
http://kb.Sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/Sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=1390...

Another option, if the Outlook version of your ACT! contacts does not have unique data, is to delete them out of Outlook, then sync over the ACT! versions. This may or may not be practical depending on the number of Outlook contacts you have.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.