Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Outlook Sync with ACT! 2011 not working?

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Outlook Sync with ACT! 2011 not working?

Hi, I have been trying to get ACT! and Outlook contacts to sync but it always returns with an 'unable to sync contacts' error. I have ACT! Pro 2011 and Outlook 2010. Calendars syncs fine. I am wondering if it has to do with having multple contact lists? I have tried to set a default master list to sync from but I may be barking up the wrong tree. Has anyone else had issues with this? It's been very frustrating for me... thnx in advance for any help!

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by ghollister (Platinum Elite Contributor)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Re: Outlook Sync with ACT! 2011 not working?

"If using Windows Vista or Windows 7, try disabling User Account Control, from the User Accounts section in your Windows Control Panel "

Thnx! This worked great!

View solution in original post

All Replies
Platinum Elite Contributor

Hello Christian,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community. Please see the following Knowledgebase article for a suggested solution:
http://kb.Sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/Sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=2710...

In addition:
- Note that ACT! can only sync with contacts in the main Contacts folder in Outlook. It cannot sync with custom contact folders
- If using Windows Vista or Windows 7, try disabling User Account Control, from the User Accounts section in your Windows Control Panel

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Solution
Accepted by ghollister (Platinum Elite Contributor)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

"If using Windows Vista or Windows 7, try disabling User Account Control, from the User Accounts section in your Windows Control Panel "

Thnx! This worked great!