Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Outlook Sync setup to sync every hour but is not

Outlook Sync setup to sync every hour but is not

[ Edited ]

I have my ACT syncing with Outlook every hour. Just to see if it was working, I found it hasn't synced every hour. Now what?

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Outlook Sync setup to sync every hour but is not

Hello Evelyn,

Welcome to the ACT! Online Community!

Can you provide some additional information about your issue:

- Which version of Act! are you running?  (Help > About Act!)

- What operating system does your computer run?

- What version of Outlook are you running?

Assuming you are running Act! 2011:

- Are you referring to Calendar sync or Contact sync?

- If you run the sync manually, is it successful or does it fail?

- If it fails, does it issue an error message - what is the message?

Greg Martin
Sage

I've got the same setup.  I'm running Act! Premium 2011 Version 13.0.401.0, HF1.  I have Exchange 2010 running on a virtual server.  Act runs on a different virtual server.  When I try to sync it acts like it's doing something but actually does nothing.  I'm ONLY trying to sync our company calendar.

One thing I don't know is how Act! knows where the appropriate calendar is.  We have dozens of users - each with their own calendar.  We'd really like it to sync with a company calendar that can be updated by all users.  We'd really like them to create events in Act and let them get pushed out to Exchange.

Thought?

Platinum Super Contributor

You mention Exchange and ACT! being on different servers, the ACT!/Outlook sync is designed to synchronize a local installation of ACT! with a local installation of Outlook.  It will look for a local Outlook.pst, it will not sync directly with Exchange. 

Greg Martin
Sage

Here's what I'm running: Act! Premium 2011 Version 13.0.401.0, HF1.  The operating system is Windows Server 2008 R2 64-bit.  We're running Outlook 2010 32-bit.  I'm referring to Calendar sync only.  When running manually or automatically I don't get any errors;  it just doesn't work.