Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Outlook Sync Doesn't work

Loyal Listener

Outlook Sync Doesn't work

I am trying to sync my contacts between ACT and Outlook. When I select "Outlook Synchronization Preferences" from the drop down menu, nothing happens. I don't get the Outlook Synchronization menu.

I am running ACT 18

Outlook 365, 2016

Windows 10

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Copper Elite Contributor

Re: Outlook Sync Doesn't work

Hi ,

are you runing Outlook in the hosted (365) or local (2016) version? in the hosted (data stored @microsoft,)   you need a Plugin that is currently in development as i know.  you would have to ask when you can get the plugin that is developed by Swiftpage

regards

Ingo

ACC since 1995
Developer of Addons for ACT

CrmAddon Factory
+1 203 541 0040
Loyal Listener

I am running the Outlook 2016 version. I had it working a couple of months ago. I didn't use it for some time and when I went back to try to use it again, the menu choices didn't do anything. There is no error message or anything else. I select the menu choice and nothing happens.

Copper Elite Contributor

Hi, 

i would consider the preferences to be corupt, i would sugest check out the act diag guide and search for Delete Preferences Files, then you can do all the settings from the beginning, 

In any case, we strongly recomend to Use Handheldcontact as a solution to sync data to your Smartphone... as this never created Duplicate Data or lost Aktivitas. 

regards

Ingo Lange

Acc since 1995

ACC since 1995
Developer of Addons for ACT

CrmAddon Factory
+1 203 541 0040
Loyal Listener

Thanks, I tried deleting all of my preferences, but that did not solve the problem.

Steve

Administrator

Hi Steve,

1. Have you tried running Act as administrator from the right click menu from the icon?
  2. What permission level does your Act user have?
  3. Are you able to open the preferences window in Tools > Preferences?
  4. After trying to open this window in Act, could you try clicking the button in the very bottom right hand corner of your screen to show the desktop and minimise all programs, then click on Act in the taskbar to re-maximise it. Does the setting dialog window appear?
Loyal Listener

Gary, Thanks for all of the suggestions, but nothing seems to work. I tried running as administrator. That did not solve the problem. I can access the Preferences Dialogue from the Tools drop down.

I think there might be something messed up with my installation of Outlook. This is running on a personal computer, but my work IT guy messed with Outlook to try and get some company things running properly. After he did that, ACT stopped working with regard to integration with Outlook.

Administrator

Hmm, without knowing exactly what changes were made to Outlook, it may be difficult to troubleshoot.

An office repair/reinstall may help, but i'm not sure what effect that could have on the other changes you mention.
Loyal Listener

I've already tried an Office Repair. that didn't help. I'm thinking about an Office remove and reinstall, but that will be a pain to do. And I'm not sure if that will fix it. The other option I have is to pay Swiftpage for some support.

Administrator

Have you considered reinstalling Act? Remember to take a database backup beforehand.