Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Outlook Question

Outlook Question

I am new to Act and I am trying to determine what the benefits of integrating with Outlook.  Having a hard time understanding why I need both.

Any resources would be helpful.

Thanks,

Steve

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Outlook Question

[ Edited ]

Hello Steve,
If you are using both ACT! and Outlook, then you can have contact and calendar sync, and email integration between the two. Integration features available depend on your versions of ACT! and Outlook.

Here are some Knowledgase articles you can reference:

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Contributor

One thing to keep in mind - For many users, if not all, Outlook will slow down to a crawl after integration. I happen to be asking for a solution to this in the post just before yours - no responses. I have seen many complaints about this and no solutions. Removing the ACT address book resolves the speed problem but of course you lose the integration. Since attaching emails is important for use we are just stuck.

Thanks so much!  

Steve

Platinum Elite Contributor

While we have seen cases where Outlook performance is affected when integrated with ACT!, this is not generally the case. Some causes for this:
- Damaged installation of Outlook
- Damaged Outlook user profile
- If Outlook 2003, this may also be caused by having Word selected as default email editor
- Outlook add-ins from other programs conflicting with the ACT! add-in (such as security programs/scanners, OneNote, Business Contact Manager, Adobe Acrobat, or iTunes)

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.