Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Outlook Invitations from ACT

Outlook Invitations from ACT

For some reason when I set up a follow-up call to a client I am getting an Outlook invitation that has my notes for the follow up call (Definitely don't want that)?  I have to recreate the call 2 - 3 times before the Outlook invitation will stop.  I do not have the box checked for send an invitation.  I have to cancel the Outlook invite and re-type the follow up call over and over.  Any ideas.  I am running Act 13.XXXX.

Copper Contributor

Re: Outlook Invitations from ACT

I'm experiencing a similar issue. If I have a contact with available email information ACT automatically sends out an invitation email for that activity.

Needless to say it has caused several issues as the notes are included for that activity....

How does one stop this?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Hello ljaeger,
For your issue, what version of ACT! are you using (from Help > About ACT!)? What version of Outlook? When creating or editing the activity, is the box to "Send invitation email" unchecked?

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Contributor

Sage ACT! Pro 2013 Version 15.0.301.0, Windows 7.

Outlook 2010.

I have Google Integrated but not Outlook.

Send invitation email is unchecked yet it will still send an invitation email once the task is scheduled in google if there is an email address in the contact field regardless.

Platinum Super Contributor

Unfortunately, this is a Google behavior. When an activity is scheduled on the Google calendar that contains a matching email address within its contact list, it will send an invitation. We are not aware of any settings within Google to disable this function.
Greg Martin
Sage
Copper Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi Greg,

If that is the case shouldn't ACT send out a notice to all users who enable Google integration with ACT?

Put yourself in my place for a moment. Why would I have then paid to upgrade my ACT to the latest version specifically to take advantage of Google Integration with the fact now that all my contacts will receive a meeting request for every Activity I schedule with them, regardless of my will to do so?