Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Outlook Intergration

Outlook Intergration

I am new to using ACT 2010 and i am having difficulty getting fully integrated with Outlook 2007.  I am running on Windows 7 Proffesional if matters.

1) I have been able to use the Act Scheduler to sync my calender with Outlook - syncing both ways. i think i have that working okay

2) I was able to creat a rule in outlook to copy message coming from a Act contact. How do i record an email sent to an Act contact? I send message from the ACT contact screen (even though it luanches Outlook to send email). is there another rule to be set up in the Outlook Rules? I don't seem to be able to create it.

3) How can i synch my contacts? I want to be able to Always create/edit a contact in ACT but then send/update my Outlook. Is this possible?

Any help would be appreciated

Thank you

Bronze Super Contributor

Re: Outlook Intergration

You do not need to create a rule to save an email sent to a contact.

In Act!, on the Tools menu, go to PReferences, and then the Email tab.  There click the Email System Setup button to walk through the wizard to configure Outlook and Act! email.  Perhaps your settings are not set to save an email in Act! by default.

Regarding transfering contact between Act! and Outlook, Act! does not offer this as the assumption is that all of your contact management related actions should be occuring in Act! as Act! is a much more robust contact manager than what Outlook offers.

That said, if you google Outlook and Act!, you will find several third party programs that will handle this feature.