Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Outlook Integration

Outlook Integration

Three brand new Win10 machines all with the same problem.   Office 365 installed with local Outlook files.   ACT! v20 installed with default settings.  Had to manually register actoutlookaddin.dll.   When Outlook attempts to load the ACT! add-in, I get the following message in an ACT! dialog box:

"Integration Services Patch for ACT! is not configured."   I've tried re-installing ACT! to no avail.

I have not been able to find any reference to this error online, including the kb.   Presumably there is a way to configure the 'Patch'.   Any help is appreciated.

Re: Outlook Integration

The Integration Services Patch for Act! (ISPA) is the service we're now using to connect between Act! and Outlook.  When you manually registered, did you register the .DLL or the .VSTO?

Though you shouldn't have to manually start either of these, the ISPA service pulls from the Act! preferences, and is primarily used for Synchronization between products.  What are your integration/synchronization settings in Act! currently set to?

Billy Clark
Swiftpage
Act! Knowledgebase: http://kb.act.com

I registered the DLL.   Outlook does not appear as an option in email setup, so there is no integration or synchronization with Outlook.   Outlook attempts to load the DLL and fails with the error noted above.   Not sure which VSTO you are referencing, but if you let me know how and what to register, I will.

Thanks for the response.

Looking into this further I notice that ISPA.exe and ACT.Integration are both running.   I do not see anything in services.exe related to either of these.   I registered actoutlookaddin.dll, nothing in the "Integration Services Patch for Act!" directory.   I'm looking at kb  14425 which suggests some registry changes, but they do not seem to work.   It seems like there should be a simple solution for this.   Some registry entry or configuration file needs adjustment.    Any help is appreciated.

I was finally able to get basic functionality by uninstalling Office 365 32-bit that came with the machines and replacing it with the MS Office 365 64-bit version.  However, I still get the error message so it is likely some of the functionality that we are not using is not there, in particular the sync functionality.

[ Edited ]

Outlook Integration. The eTapestry integration with Microsoft Outlook allows you to automatically add email from Outlook to the journal of your constituent accounts. Before you can take advantage of this integration, you must install a small component on your computer UPSers.