Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Outlook Integration

Outlook Integration

I have ACT 2009 Version 11 and have recently installed MS Outlook 2007. I have done as advised in the integration tutorial but no email correspondence sent and received through Outlook are not being recorded against the relevant contacts in ACT.  Furthermore, there are no ACT icons in the toolbar even though it says in the "Trust Centre" that the ACT addinn is active! Any help in resolving this would be much appreciated.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Outlook Integration

Hello Nick,

Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community. For a list of possible causes and solutions to this issue, please see the information in KB Article 19948. From what you are describing, it sounds like the ACT! address book has not been properly added to Outlook.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Thanks for this. Have done as suggested but when I attempt to add the ACT Address Book I get a pop up that says "The Account you added is not fully configured . It might not work properly until re-configured correctly" and it wont let me complete the process. Any ideas??

[ Edited ]

This sounds like the email account you set up in Outlook is not fully or properly configured. In Outlook go to Tools>Account Settings and under the Email tab, double-click on the mail account you setup and make sure it is fully set up. If there are no accounts listed there, click New and setup an email account. This is required before you can integrate with ACT! or other apps.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Hi Greig,

Many thanks for this. Email account is all set up butstill not working. What would you advise next?

First try this:

- Close ACT! and Outlook

- From your Windows Start menu, choose Run (XP) or go to the Search box (Windows Vista / Win 7)

- Type in regedit...this will open your registry editor

- Drill down to the following registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ACT\OutlookAddressBooks

- Under this key you should see 3 numbered keys. Right-click on each and select Delete.

- After you have deleted them, then right-click on the OutlookAddressBooks key and select New>Key. Name this key 1, then repeat to create a 2 and 3 key.

- Close the registry, reopen Outlook and ACT!, and then follow the steps in KB Article 22983 to configure Outlook for ACT!

If this does not resolve, then try the solutions offered in KB Article 19948.

Greig Hollister

Still no joy. When I try to add a new address book to outlook i get the message "The account you added is not fully configured. It might not work properly until reconfigured correctly"