Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Outlook Integration on a Mac

Outlook Integration on a Mac

I just started using Act Hosted. I'm on a Mac. Does Outlook integration work with Act Hosted on a Mac?

Thanks,

Eric Kornacker

Copper Super Contributor

Re: Outlook Integration on a Mac

Eric,

Thank you for your post. Unfortunately, a Mac OS is not a supported operating system environment for ACT! Hosted Integration. You must use ACT! Hosted in a Microsoft Windows® environment and be using Microsoft Office for Windows. To make sure that you meet the system requirements for ACT! see the appropriate website for further information:

1. http://www.act.com/products/system/v17/premium/
Hope this helps,

Scott Baker
Visit the knowledgebase at http://kb.act.com

When is Act coming for Mac?  There needs to be a native Mac version of Act. There are too many Macs out there now to be ignored.  Thanks.

Administrator

Hi margamoo,

We don't currently have a release date for a Mac version of Act!
It is something that is being considered though.

Thanks.
Nickel Contributor

If you had an ACT! version for Mac, I would buy it right now!

Hi Gary,

Thanks for your reply.

I was told more than seven years ago that your company was thinking about a Mac version and the one thing holding them back were the Mac user numbers to justify the investment to develop for Mac. Since then Mac sales have surged more than any single supplier and now that iOS is now a huge market with huge iPad and iPhone sales, the Mac numbers and integrated iOS numbers cannot be ignored.

A return (Act used to be on Mac up to version 2.8) to Mac is long over due.

Many thanks.

Administrator

Thanks for the feedback. I'll make sure the Product Managers are aware of this thread and the suggestions.

As a side note: Swiftpage (our company) acquired Act! in 2013. Sage may have been developing a Mac version seven years ago however I don't have any information about that.

Hi Gary,

Sage was basically ignoring the Mac market back then thinking that Macs were not for enterprise. As you can see all of that has changed and the current Mac penetration in business is huge. We understand that Act has changed owners many times through the years (before Sage there was Conductor Software and then Symantec) but we also know that there is a huge market for Mac that Act can no longer ignore.

Thanks.