Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Outlook Email set up with 2 Outlook Accounts

Outlook Email set up with 2 Outlook Accounts

Act! Pro Version 19.0.147.0

Windows 10 64 bit

Office and Outlook 2016 64 bit

Running Act on desktop.

I utilize 2 different Outlook Accounts. I use 1 account for everyday work email. I use the 2nd Outlook account when sending out a large mail merge. 

When I chose the 2nd (Mail Merge) Outlook account as MS Outlook's default account and then send out an email to a single person in my Act database, the email is sent from the correct (2nd Outlook/Mail Merge Account). However, when I send out a mail merge email out to a large number of people (100+) in my Act database, the emails do NOT get sent from my 2nd Outlook (Mail Merge Account); the email gets sent out from my 1st Outlook account.

How do I set this up so that I can ensure that my large mail merge emails get sent out to my desired/default Outlook Account.

Does anyone have a solution for this?

Administrator

Re: Outlook Email set up with 2 Outlook Accounts

Hi equest,

When sending mail merges, Act! looks for the default account set in Outlook's Account Settings, under both the E-mail and Data Files tabs. Both of these tabs should have the same account set as default.

Once this is set, re-run the E-mail system setup wizard from Act's Tools > Preferences page. Send a test mail merge to check it's working correctly.

Thanks Gary.

I didn't have the "Data Files" tab default set correctly.

Thus, now I can get ACT directed to the correct Outlook account; thanks so much for that.

However, now Outlook keeps crashing when trying to send the emails. 

If I choose up to about 40-50 contacts, it works no problem. The emails all load into the Drafts folder and then send out. Any more than that, and Outlook crashes. If the Draft folder hits about 60+ pending emails to send, it crashes.

If I keep opening Outlook and letting it crash, it gets about 1 or 2 emails sent each time. Once the drafts folder drops below that vague threshold of ~50ish, it stops crashing and can send everything fine.

If I can click "Work Offline" before it crashes, it wont crash, but it also doesn't send the emails obviously.

This happens in multiple profiles on multiple computers with multiple email addresses. All email addresses are IMAP.

If I start outlook in safe mode (Outlook /safe) the behavior does not change. If I disable all COM add-ins, the behavior does not change.

It is very specific to how many pending emails are in the drafts folder.

Administrator

This behaviour is pretty much entirely down to available system resources. The more RAM and spare CPU you have, the better this can perform. I wouldn't advise to send more than a few tens of emails at once though mail merge due to other considerations like deliverability and potential spam flagging by your ISP. A much better option for sending out 50+ emails would be to send them though an emarketing platform on your behalf. Act! emarketing is built into the software and includes emails to 500 contacts each month for free.

Thanks Gary, but this isn't the issue.

I am using an email marketing platform that gets sent from my computer/outlook. This is a brand new computer. Just last month, I would send 500-1000+ emails, using Act 2011, Windows 7 and Outlook 2010, on a computer with half the amount of memory that I'm using on this computer with Windows 10, Act v19 and Outlook 2016.

I would greatly appreciate it if you or anyone else could assist me with this issue. 

If I can no longer send ACT email merges for 50+ contacts at a time, I'll have to move to another piece of software

Administrator

It's worth bearing in mind that the memory requirements for Act!, Windows and Office applications have increased from those older versions.

Both Word and Outlook are used in the mail merge routine, so there are things you can try like running both Word and Outlook as Administrator in Windows.

You could also try testing on another Windows user with another Outlook profile to see if this improves.

Anti-virus can have an effect on the email process. The following Knowledgebase article lists the exceptions you should make to any anti-virus software you have installed: http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/25125

An Office repair may also be worth trying: https://support.office.com/en-gb/article/Repair-an-Office-application-7821d4b6-7c1d-4205-aa0e-a6b40c...

These are all general troubleshooting steps though, as the problem is generally is down to how Outlook handles the amount of outgoing messages and can become overwhelmed after a certain point.

Thanks Gary.

I'm running 16 G of memory, more than enough for ACT, Outlook and plenty more.

I am running both as administrator.

I have disabled all anti virus.

I had already ran the MS troubleshooter and run all windows and office updates.

Can anyone please help me with this?