Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Outlook Email Warning pop up

Outlook Email Warning pop up

I'm using Outlook 2002 and ACT10. I defaulted to use Outlook email and for the most part it is running fine. However, when I am sending or replying to emails a warning pop up comes up stating: "A Program is trying to access email addresses you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this?" The options are yes or no and you can allow access for up to 10 minutes. Is there any way to have Outlook recognize ACT, and not have this annoying pop up come up?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Outlook Email Warning pop up

This is a "feature" (read useless way MS tried to prevent viruses) that MS added to Outlook 2002 when other applications try to use it to send emails.

To stop it, you can use ClickYes from http://www.contextmagic.com/express-clickyes/

Works like a charm...Thank you very much!

Just one more question. Do you recommend the Double Look add on for ACT and Outlook sync?

rkrider wrote:

Works like a charm...Thank you very much!

Just one more question. Do you recommend the Double Look add on for ACT and Outlook sync?

No... I've heard of to many users who get their database duplicated doing that. There is another sync tool that's supposed to be more reliable and faster ... if you post here during the next week, I'll dig up the URL for you
Nickel Contributor

Ive been using Doublelook for a couple years now. never had any issues with it duplicating the database.

I HAVE had the database duped when i was having problems syncing my hendheld through activesync. Got that straightened out in short order.

Never any problems with Doublelook though.

Matt Pulsts
Your Intown Handyman
Atlanta, GA

Matt, I don't know why it happens with DL... I won't use it myself because I've heard of many users with this happening.

It is possible that it's the ActiveSync breaking that's the real cause (it's a known MS issue when, for some reason, the device becomes unrecognised)... which is why I only use Handheld Contact

Nickel Contributor

Yes, with activesync, I've had the error come up where it tells me there's been a change to the server and it has to erase and redo the entire handheld. Happened maybe 4 times in the past 2 years. Not a big deal as I leave my phone hooked up 90 percent of the time so its always updated.

just don't have the $$ for a subscription software when what I have works.  I looked at handheld contact and it looks real good. Not necessarily for me personally.

Matt Pulsts
Your Intown Handyman
Atlanta, GA

mvpulsts wrote:

Yes, with activesync, I've had the error come up where it tells me there's been a change to the server and it has to erase and redo the entire handheld. Happened maybe 4 times in the past 2 years.

You're lucky... for many users it will duplicate the entire database requiring many hours of work to fix. Certainly more than the HHC subscription :-)

Not a big deal as I leave my phone hooked up 90 percent of the time so its always updated.

If you spend most of your time connected, I can see why you regard HHC as more than you can justify. But at less than $1 per day, I find it saves me much more than that in time.

just don't have the $$ for a subscription software when what I have works.  I looked at handheld contact and it looks real good. Not necessarily for me personally.