Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Outlook Email Integration Questions - Lag of Window Email & Attach Toolbar Buttons

Copper Contributor

Outlook Email Integration Questions - Lag of Window Email & Attach Toolbar Buttons

I've installed Sage Act! Pro 2013.  I now have the integration setup with Outlook but I'm finding that when click to start an email within Act!, it takes a good 7-10 seconds for the window to pop up for me to begin typing my email.  Any way to speed that up? I have Outlook already opened, so I'm surprised there's such a lag.

Also, is there any way to get right click context with the Act! add-in functionality? I would also love to move the toolbar buttons from the Add-In tab to the main Home Tab.  Any way of doing that as well?

Thanks

Marco

Copper Super Contributor

Re: Outlook Email Integration Questions - Lag of Window Email & Attach Toolbar Buttons

why not open the email in Outlook and not in Act, with the linkage between Outlook and Act now you dont need to use the internal email system

Jason Dawson Financial Planning
Brisbane | Australia - JDFP Home Page

Act Ver - Act! Premium Version 17.1.169.0, Hot Fix 3
OS - Windows 7 (stand alone machine)
MS Office - Enterprise 2007
Phone - Samsung Galaxy s6
Copper Contributor

Re: Outlook Email Integration Questions - Lag of Window Email & Attach Toolbar Buttons

I don't send the email within Outlook directly because I thought if I did that, the email wouldn't show up in the contact's history? I also haven't setup the synchronization of contacts/appointments between Outlook and Act!, just have it setup to integrate for emails that are sent.

What do you suggest?

Thanks

Tuned Listener

Hi there

Just picked up this thread and want to confirm that assuming you've setup the ACT/Outlook configuration correctly, you can send email directly from Outlook and if the email address exists in any of your ACT contact records, ACT will automatically stamp the history

The way it stamps the data, totally depends on the configuration settings you define during the integration setup

Therefore, it may just stamp it with the subject line, the entire message body in the window or alternatively, the whole email as an attachment

Bottom line is, if you've setup the ACT address book the right way, ACT doesn't even need to be running in order to attach your emails

Remember you can now also integrate with Gmail if this makes life any easier

All the best

Copper Contributor

Got it... Thanks. Also, I understand only emails sent to the primary email field get tracked.  Any way around this issue?

Thanks
Marco