Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Outlook Email Attachments...

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

Outlook Email Attachments...

When attaching e-mails to an ACT Contact, I set up a user's e-mail in ACT to attach the subject, message and all attachments, but it is only attaching the subject and message.  I did set it up to match my settings, which is attaching everything the way I want it to.  I have closed and restarted ACT as well as Outlook, but it didn’t seem to have any effect.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author nfuller
‎05-12-2017 07:58 AM
Administrator

Re: Outlook Email Attachments...

Hi nfuller,

I believe the email shown in the example is an inbound email that you've received. The setting you've shown in the other screenshot on step 5 of the email system setup wizard is for the recording of outbound emails from Outlook. Step 6 should give you a similar option to select "E-mail subject, message and all attachments" for attaching received emails. Please make sure this is also selected.

Please can you also confirm, you are the user who is actually attaching the emails, as the settings are PC specific.
Recorded histories will not change retroactively after changing the settings in the email system setup wizard. Only emails attached going forward would be affected by a change here.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Administrator

Hi nfuller,

When you are recording history with the option "E-mail subject, message and all attachments" selected, the email will be attached as a file on the history record instead of displaying the message body in the preview pane.

The recorded email can be opened and read by clicking the paperclip attachment icon in the history tab:

Act!_2017-05-11_12-05-19.png

If you want to be able to read the email content within the preview pane in Act!, choose the history recording option "E-mail subject and message".

Copper Contributor

email setup.png

attachment example.pngact result.png

The 3 photos are:

How I have act Setup showing that attachments are enabled. 
Highlighting an email with an attachment 
The result in act after sending it to ACT!

I think I am doing everything correctly, but for some reason this one does not want to work.

Solution
Accepted by topic author nfuller
‎05-12-2017 07:58 AM
Administrator

Hi nfuller,

I believe the email shown in the example is an inbound email that you've received. The setting you've shown in the other screenshot on step 5 of the email system setup wizard is for the recording of outbound emails from Outlook. Step 6 should give you a similar option to select "E-mail subject, message and all attachments" for attaching received emails. Please make sure this is also selected.

Please can you also confirm, you are the user who is actually attaching the emails, as the settings are PC specific.
Recorded histories will not change retroactively after changing the settings in the email system setup wizard. Only emails attached going forward would be affected by a change here.
Copper Contributor

Step 6 was it. Thanks so much.
Administrator

You're very welcome! Glad you got it sorted.