Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Outlook Does Not Close

Tuned Listener

Re: Outlook Does Not Close

We had this problem with both V10 and V11 of Act.  We don't use Itunes.  What we have narrowed it down to is that it is our Kaspersky Internet Security software.

Our vendor who we purchased Act from is working with Sage on the issue since they were able to duplicate the issue with both Kaspersky Internet Security software and a McAfee product.

Since  do not use either of these products, my guess is that ITunes is still involved. Apple just released a new update for IT but it did not make any difference. What is odd is that sometimes it shuts down fine, but I have not been able to figure out the sequence or what was done before I shut it down that makes it shut down correctly. Only happens now and then.
Copper Super Contributor

Since I began this thread, I've been working very hard to try to resolve it.  I have greatly improved my situation simply be reducing the size of my Outlook folder using the Archive function.  Check the size of your Outlook folder - this could play a role in ACT! having difficulty in closing Outlook down completely. 

Brian Marder

Brian Marder
ACT! 2012 Beta Tester

On the workstation with the problem, we using the ACT scheduling service to run backups and an Outlook -> ACT calendar synchronization. What I have found is when the Outlook synchronization fails to complete (last result = Not Completed), Outlook will become unstable and not shutdown properly. I'm not sure if the failed synchronization is the cause or a symptom of another problem.

I archive regularly, but do have a lot of items. However, Outlook will not close even when Act is not running. Another funny thing...when I use the Ctrl-Alt-Del and use the processes running to shut down Outlook, the Outlook Icon that runs in the lower right of the Windows bar will not close unless I put my mouse arrow right on it and then it closes.

I sync Outlook/Act/Iphone with Companion Link. I have not had any problems with syncing.

How many contacts do you synch with your iphone?  How long does it take to synch each time?  What version of ACT are you using? Is it still working smoothly?
Highlighted

I have 960 contacts. The syncing takes only 60-90 seconds.  ACT! by Sage 2009 (11.0) Version 11.0.0.367   My Act works fine. I have found a small Addon to Outlook on the web that is specically to shut down Outlook. That's working for me now, but would really rather not be using something externally. Thanks.

G

Tuned Listener

I didn't want to double post, so here is a link to my comments on the issue of Outlook not shutting down:  http://community.act.com/sage/board/message?board.id=ACT&view=by_date_ascending&message.id=35182#M35...

This issue is clearly an undesired interaction between plugins but the only common element is the ACT OUTLOOK PLUGIN!

iTunes can trigger it, Kaspersky defintiely does.  But the problem is still with Act.  Act needs to work with these other vendors to fix the problem.

I got rid of Kaspersky and now Outlook will close, but the Act.Outlook.Service still takes up 1Gb+ of memory which is a whole other issue....