Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Outlook Can't Find ACT Address Book

Accepted Solution Solved
Bronze Contributor
Accepted Solution

Outlook Can't Find ACT Address Book

In my environment, Outlook is connected to Exchange.

My exchange domain has changed because of a company purchase, and now Outlook can no longer find the Act address book.

How do I get that back?

I know the order of installation is Outlook then ACT.  While Outlook didn't change, does changing to a new Exchange server mean I have to uninstall Act and Reinstall?

John Purdy
ACT! Premium 2016 (V. 18)
Main: HP 9470M 8GB, Win 10 Pro, & Exchange 2013 & Office 365, 32bit
Remote: Dell XPS Ultrabook with 4GB & Win 10 Pro, Office 365 32bit & Exchange 2013

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author jnpurdy
‎08-16-2017 07:19 AM

Re: Outlook Can't Find ACT Address Book

It sounds like your Act Address book is setup but it maybe an issue with adding this into Outlook.

Within Outlook if you go to 'File > Account Settings > Account Settings > Address Books' Do you have an Act! address book listed.

If you do not please add it in by 'Add > Additional address books > Act! Address Book' Once added in please restart Outlook and it hopefully should show the full 6 icons from Outlook.

View solution in original post

All Replies

Hi John,

If you have not reinstalled Outlook you should not need to reinstall Act, the Address book should not of normally been effected (even if you changed outlook profiles or added a new one)

I would first like to ensure you still have the addins along the top of the screen. if you do and it is only showing 2 rather than 6 i would recommend following this article: KB 23022 - Act! icons missing from Microsoft Outlook toolbar

Bronze Contributor

There are only 2 icons at the top of the Outlook screen - sync contacts and sync calendar.

I don't sync contacts b/c of being on Exchange and also having CRM Dynamics running.  It overloads ACT with meaningless contacts.

From what I saw, looks like I have to reinstall ACT. 

John Purdy
Remote: Dell XPS Ultrabook with 4GB & Win 10 Pro, Office 365 32bit & Exchange 2013
Bronze Elite Contributor

Can you go to the ACT Outlook setup wizard and remove the address book. Now add it back in. Save and restart ACT and Outlook.

Check to see if this has resolved the problem.

Bronze Contributor

Thanks for the guidance ... but:

Preferences

• E-Mail & Outlook sync
  • E-Mail system Setup 
    Shows \\Computer_Name\filename (default)
    Shows E-mail editor Microsoft Outlook & Send e-mail from Microsoft Outlook
  • Click E-mail System Setup
  • Click next on Welcome to the E-mail Setup
  • Error:  Object references not set to an instance of an object, click OK
  • No e-mail systems you want to use with Act! in the box

Suggestions?

John Purdy
Solution
Accepted by topic author jnpurdy
‎08-16-2017 07:19 AM

It sounds like your Act Address book is setup but it maybe an issue with adding this into Outlook.

Within Outlook if you go to 'File > Account Settings > Account Settings > Address Books' Do you have an Act! address book listed.

If you do not please add it in by 'Add > Additional address books > Act! Address Book' Once added in please restart Outlook and it hopefully should show the full 6 icons from Outlook.