Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Outlook Calender synch is duplicating activities

Outlook Calender synch is duplicating activities

When I run the Tools -> Outlook Activites -> Update Activities to synch my Act and outlook Calenders, I'm getting 2-3 sets of each activity in Act.  I am then going through and manually clearing out all of the duplications in Act.

A Couple of observations:

*  Seems to really be a problem if I label an event "Personal Activity" in Act

*  Some recurring activities created in Outlook, synced, then changed in Outlook still show up in Act post synch.

*  Also, the synch process seems to add my own contact record into the "schedule with" field in ACT.  Is there a way to not have my contact record included in the activity?  For example, when I schedule lunch with my wife in ACT and have her as the only "schedule with" inclusion, after the synch we both show up in the field.  This is annoying because when I view my week-long snapshot, it shows "multiple contacts" instead of just my wife's name.  I have to go into the activity to see who my appointment is with each time.

Thanks!

Re: Outlook Calender synch is duplicating activities

What version of ACT! and Outlook?  Was this working properly before?  Try running database maintenance from actdiag and a detect/repair on Outlook.

Database Rebuild and Repair Procedures

I also am having the problem with multiple contacts - it only happens when Outlook Calender is two way sync'd.  I use ACT 2008 Pro and Outlook 2007.  Anyone know how to stop this?  I am not experiencing any of the other issues....

Tuned Listener

Hi, we are having an issue with ACT! Scheduler for version ACT! Premium 11.0 (we have the update so it's now Version 11.1.183.0).  We have set up the Scheduler to copy between the Outlook and ACT! Calendar and if there is a conflict, the Outlook Calendar activity should override ACT.  Our issue is that some appointments duplicate themselves and we will be reminded of an activity like 30/40 times and it appears in our computer that many times.  I think it may duplicating items every time the sync is run (which is hourly from about 8-5 for us).  However, not every activity is duplicated so I am not sure what triggers the duplication.

Can anyone help? I would really appreciate it.  It is really bothersome and most of us have deleted the ACT Scheduler Service tasks until we can figure this out.

I am new to ACT! and most of the users at our company are as well.

Thanks in advance! 

Copper Elite Contributor

Outlook Calendar Sync does not really sync.  It copies data, using it both directions will break things, period. 

The only way around this issue is to use a third party add-on to sync in both directions.

Using the Outlook link within Act in one direction works just fine, but if you ever sync the other direction problems will arise.

Nick Bohne
Effective Solutions, Inc.
Copper Contributor

DoubleLook is a third-party add-on product that handles two-way sync between ACT! and Outlook.

Tuned Listener

thx for the feedback. We have decided to just copy from ACT! to Outlook for the time being.  We did not want to invest more money to see whether DoubleLook would resolve this issue.

I am having the duplicate record issue when copying from ACT! to Outlook 2007.  I have the latest service pack installed.  It only seems to duplicate the calendar items that have a recurrence on them.  However, the number of times it duplicates on the same date and the number of times in the recurrence don't always match up.  I also have seen this where I have the recurrence set for say the first Monday of the month, and it puts the recurrence on the 1st of the month. 

I was doing the sync both ways, but everytime I had a calendar item in Outlook with the recurrence, it would change the time by 3-5 hours.  This can really mess up being at a meeting at the right time.    Maybe when they have it working to sync with my iPhone directly I won't have to deal with it as that is the only reason I sync to Outlook and I don't want to buy another product.

Tuned Listener

Has anyone found a solution for this yet? For most of our users, the two way sync works great. Syncing one way in either direction causes duplicates. Any help would be appreciated.