Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Outlook Calendar Sync changes Act Calendar to Multiple Contacts

Outlook Calendar Sync changes Act Calendar to Multiple Contacts

I am running the latest version of Act 2008 (10x) as of the update I just did yesterday July 29. I still have a problem I read about nearly a year ago as follows. When I schedule an item (call, meeting etc) it appears in the ACT calendar correctly showing the company or contact name. When I synchronize my calendar with Outlook, the ACT calendar entry changes to the word Multiple as it adds my record into the scheduled event along with the actual contact name scheduled. I do realize that if I schedule an item with multiple contacts that is normal but if I schedule with one individual and then sync to outlook it adds my record to the scheduled calendar item and changes to multiple. This is extremely frustrating as I cannot see who the item is scheduled with unless I open it or then I have to go into each scheduled item and delete myself from that scheduled item in order to see the actual contact on the calendar. I have gone into act and tools and deleted ALL schedul;ed items from both outlook and ACT calendars so they are clean slates and it still will add my record in. Anyone know of a fix or if ACt is working on it??????? Please ease my frustration as I love act but my company uses outlook for calendars.

Re: Outlook Calendar Sync changes Act Calendar to Multiple Contacts

You'll have to remove your record from the activity after syncing. Following knowledgebase explains the issue and it applies to 2008.

Contact Name Changes to <Multiple Contacts> on Calendar After Updating Outlook Activities

ACT! 2009 improves Outlook calendar copy and no longer adds multiple contacts.  If you want to stay on 2008, I would suggest looking into an addon product like DoubleLook

Thanks, that much I already figured out. The question is, will this be fixed in 2008 as it is a bug. I bought 2008 upgrade to fix other problems and don't feel I should have to BUY 2009 to get an obvious bug fixed. I really like ACT and use it exclusively but my VP is pressuring us to go to Goldmine (Rather not do that).

Thanks and let me and the other users that have posted the same bug what the outlook (no pun intended) is for this being fixed as a bug fix and released for free.

I'm not sure if this will be addressed in ACT! 2008.  Did you recently purchase 2008?  If so,  you should have upgrade assurance for the 2009 release.  It will be launched here pretty soon.

Thanks. I purchased 2008 on February 5, 2008.....am I covered for the 2009 upgrade when available?

Good question... I don't know the criteria that qualifies a user for upgrade assurance or if its something that has to be bought during purchase.  Contact customer service for more information on this.

Customer Service contact info:

Phone: 877-386-8083 

E-mail: customer.service@sage.com

Chat: Here.

I am experiencing the same issue in act 2009 and outlook 2007 running off an exchange server... what gives?
Copper Super Contributor

too - this issue has NOT been fixed in Act 2009 - it simply adds a + to show there are multiple contacts but still ADDS ME to the activity even if the activity is set up with just 1 person - this needs fixing as this was an issue in previous versions of Act but there was a registry fix to sort this

Please can this be patched asap?

Thanks

Andy

Andy Kent
Angel Solutions (UK and NZ)
www.angelsolutions.co.uk

I am havign the same issue, running ACT! 2009 (just bought) on Exchange server 2007. The link below to the Knowledgebase just says "It is a Known Issue." and was updated 11/13/2007. So, I guess that's telling me that this OBVIOUS PROBLEM has been known to Sage for well over a two years and they did not incorporate a fix into the 2009, or patch for 2008?? Does anyone find that acceptable?