Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Outlook Calendar Integration

Outlook Calendar Integration

The OutLook Calendar Integration option listed under Tools tab is greyed out.

How do I turn-on this option?

Note: ACT! by Sage 2009 (11.0) Version 11.0.0.367

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Outlook Calendar Integration

Hello spartech,

Welcome to the ACT! Online Community. Make sure you have configured Outlook as your email client for ACT! and added the address book. Do this by going to Tools/Preferences and under the Email tab, click Email System Setup. This will take you through a wizard to set up the Outlook integration. Also, make sure your version of Outlook is 2002 (XP) or higher.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Greig,

Thank you very much for responding to my question.

I am using Outlook 2007.

I have ACT as my Address Book in Outlook and all my Outlook events are logged in the ACT History file correctly.

I tried the Email Setup Wizard but only Outlook Express shows as an option, not Outlook 2007.  I tried that anyway but the Outlook Calendar Integration in ACT is still greyed out.

If Outlook is not an option in the email setup, it means that ACT! and Outlook are not properly connected, so ACT! is not recognizing that Outlook is installed. To correct this, you will need to uninstall ACT! from the Control Panel, reboot your machine, then reinstall ACT!.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Greig,

I recently installed Microsoft Office 2010 beta version and now my 'Outlook Activities' in the tools menu is greyed out and I cannot update my Outlook Calendar from ACT.  Do I have to uninstall ACT and re-install it to implement this functionality?  Is ACT 2008 compatible with Microsoft Office 2010 beta?

Thanks.

At this time, Office 2010 Beta is not supported on any versions of ACT!. ACT! 2008-2010 supports Office 2002, 2003 and 2007 only.

Greig Hollister

Greig,

Thank you for the recommendation.

1) I uninstalled ACT Ver 11 from the Control Panel (Add/Remove Software).  The Act by Sage line item was deleted from the list of software programs and the icon was removed from the desktop.

2) I rebooted the computer

3) I reinstalled Act Ver 11. 

The Tools/Outlook Calendar Integration option is still greyed out.

What version of Outlook are you using?

Greig Hollister

Greig,

Thank you for responding to my problem. 

I am using Microsoft Outlook Version 2007 on Windows XP SP3.

Act is Version 2009.9 )Version 11.0.0.367)

Note that the e-mails are being correctly logged into ACT when transmitted in Outlook so I know the programs are "talking" to each other.

Regards,

Jim

I would suggest that update ACT! 2009 to the 11.1 build. You can find the update on our Downloads Site and instructions and information for the update can be found in KB 23642.

Greig Hollister