Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Outlook Calendar Integration

Re: Outlook Calendar Integration

Greig, 

I have now upgraded to Act Version 11.1.183.0, Hotfix 1.

The "Outlook Calendar Integration" option is still greyed out in the Tools tab.

What is going on?.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Are you trying to integrate with a local Outlook calendar or a shared one? The calendar integration will not work with a public calendar, only one that is local to your machine. And is your Outlook .pst file local to your machine as well? If the issue is something with your Outlook profile, you can try creating a new profile and see if the Outlook integration option is still grayed out.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Highlighted

Greig,

Thank you for your help in my Calendar sharing issue.

The Outlook calendar is local on my computer, is not intended to be shared, and is not intended to be a public calendar.

About a year ago I tried to coordinate the Outlook Contacts file with the Business Contact Manager in Outlook 2007 but found out the hard way that ACT is a much better solution to integrate with Outlook. Maybe during that exercise the Outlook program reset a default or something??

Also the *.pst file is local only.

I tried a new Profile in Outlook as a test but the Outlook Calendar Integration is still greyed out.

I am willing to pay for 1-on-1 support to solve this issue. The problem may well be with Outlook and not anything with ACT. 

I've updated to 11.1 and it seems the problem has been resolved.
Platinum Elite Contributor

spartech,

Please see your Private Messages on this forum.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

I also have the similar problem.

I have installed windows 7 and ms outlook 2007 and Act 2010.

Now I can update my calendar of outlook into act 2010. But I cannot update the calendar in act 2010 into ms outlook.

Can you help me?

Best Regards

Soon-kwon Jung

I finally solved the problem of "greyed out Outlook Calendar Integration" in Act 2009 by:

1) Upgrade to ACT 2009 Version 11.1 

2) Turn off all "Add-Ins" in Outlook 2007

3) Turn off Outlook and ACT

4) Turn On Outlook and Act 2009

5)Re Install all "Add-Ins" in Outlook 2007.

After that, the function in ACT >Tools>Outlook Calendar Integration was not "greyed out."

Good luck.