Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Outlook Attach stopped inserting email text into History View

Outlook Attach stopped inserting email text into History View

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I had installed ACT! 2010 on a Windows 7 computer and set up Outlook 2007, so Quick Attach was inserting email message text into the History of a Contact, but it stopped working. Now when an email is attached, the email message is an attachment that has to be opened to read the email message.

The Act.Outlook.Service.exe is running and the ACT! Address Book is in Outlook. Nothing was changed that I know of to make it stop working.

How can I fix this so the email text is inserted in the History window again?

Any assistance is appreciated.

Thank You

Elizabeth A. Turner

Data Plus, Inc.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Outlook Attach stopped inserting email text into History View

Hello Elizabeth,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community.

The way emails record in history is configured in your preferences. To change this option:
- Go Tools > Preferences > Email
- On screens 5 & 6, you can select the type of history. It sounds like the type you want is "Email subject and message". This will not save any attachments included with the email message, but will display the subject and body text in ACT! history.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Astute Commentator

Re: Outlook Attach stopped inserting email text into History View

Yes, I have noted this as a bug originally, but it apparently is the way ACT is now configured. If you choose #3 to include attachments then it only captures the subject in ACT and you must click the paperclick to open the email in outlook (thus capturing the attachment).  In my opinion this is 'NOT' a good way.  The easy fix would be to have ACT capture it the same way as option #2 (capturing email subject and body) within act... and then also having the paperclick to open up the email within outlook (thus making the attachment available). 

Rob