Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Outlook Add-in

Outlook Add-in

I just bought a new computer and installed Microsoft Outlook and Act.  My add-in menu has Sync Calendar and Sync Contacts, but it does not have the Add-In that was on my old computer that enabled me to "Add contact to Act," nor does it offer me the opportunity to link to ACT in the "TO" box, when sending an e-mail.  What do I need to do to get those options installed? 

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Outlook Add-in

If you have been through the Sage ACT! steps to integrate with Outlook (Tools > Preferences > Email Setup), it is most likely that the 'ACT! Address Book' was not added to Outlook.  Here is an article with steps for this issue: KB Article 23022

Greg Martin
Sage

Thanks for this article.  As best I can tell, it is connected to ACT, as I have access to the database, can synchronize calendar and contacts to the database from the Add-In Window.  I can also access ACT database from the "TO" boxes.  What is missing however, are these functions in the Add-In Window:

Attach to ACT! Contacts
Create ACT! Contact
Create ACT! Activity
Quick Attach
I checked, and I am running the 32-bit version of Outlook 2010, so that should not be an issue (the article said 64-bit did not bring all functionality).  Other suggestions? 
Platinum Super Contributor

Have you tried the troubleshooting steps within the article? It sounds like the ACT! add-in has been disabled or macro security is set too high...
Greg Martin
Sage

the add-ins are not disabled, and I checked the macro security and that is fine, as well.