Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Outlook: ACT! Exception hasn been thrown by the target of an invocation

Copper Contributor

Outlook: ACT! Exception hasn been thrown by the target of an invocation

Hello all,

I am using ACT! 2010 HF 4 and have tried to find a solution to the following error that happens when I launch Outlook: ACT! exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.

There are a couple posting in the ACT! 5 and 6 area but not in 2010. Does anyone have any ideas how I can fix this issue?

Thank you,

tcg

Re: Outlook: ACT! Exception hasn been thrown by the target of an invocation

Last week I installed ACT 2010 as well on a new WIN 7 system and am getting the same error message when I start Outlook.  It was working fine until Friday when I installed Handheldcontact . That is the only change I made before getting this message. The support person had me turn on message queuing in order to make their software program work with Act for syncing. Could this be the conflict source?

Help is much appreciated.

tcg

Some more info. I stand corrected! Microsoft Office automatically installed updates to my system on the 28th (yesterday) and today the 29th, I started seeing the error message.

The updates automatically applied were: Powerpoint viewer 2007  (English), Compatability Pack for Office 2007, and some updated to MS Office Small Business 2007 version 12.0.6425.1000 (who knows what).

Copper Contributor

I started getting the same error today after installing High Impact eMail 5 that has an ACT add-in. It also made the ACT tools in Outlook disappear. Has anyone found a solution to this?

Thanks,

Dan

Copper Contributor

Thank you for taking the time to read this post, this is still an open item on my outlook. I have researched it and still have not solution.
Platinum Super Contributor

Here is a Knowledgebase article that addresses this issue, it involves removing an MS update, uninstalling Act!, running Detect and Repair/Diagnostics in Outlook, and then reinstalling Act!:

http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=2577...

Greg Martin
Sage

Hi Dan

I have the same problem after installing Hi impact, did you find a soloution?

regards

Rhonda