Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Outlook-ACT AddIn Error

Outlook-ACT AddIn Error

I have ACT v10.0 intergrated into Outlook.  When composing emails I get a message that a dalog box is open in Outlook when I click OK another message pops up saying "ACT - Word cannot write to file".  When I hit send I get another error message that says "Do you want to save changes to ACT.doc".  I have tried disabling Word as the editor in Outlook but this doesnt work.

Please can somebody help as this is really frustrating.  I assume this is what is causing my OUtlook to be really slow.  Is your Outlook also slow because of this ACT. 

Re: Outlook-ACT AddIn Error

smitrbr,

Did you upgrade from a previous version like ACT! 6.0?  If so, open Microsoft Word and go to Tools > Templates and Add-ins.  On the General tab, remove act.dot.

Tuned Listener

Hi,

Please can you tell me if you managed to resolve this problem as I have exactly the same errors.

Thanks

Iain

My company recently installed ACT V10 on my laptop and just today I got this very same error message for no apparent reason...when opening a new Outlook email or replying to one in my inbox I get the ACT error message: "Cannot write to file"...with no options to do anything other than close the dialogue box.  Once that happens, the email opens up as if I can send one but once the text is entered it tries to "save" the email as a file in my ACT folder which is not what I want.  I tried to open Word and check the templates and add ins but I don't see any to disengage.  Please help...

Thanks

mcalderaro