Do you mean 

Outlook 365 compatible with Act! Pro?

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

Outlook 365 compatible with Act! Pro?

Using Sage ACT! Pro 2013 Version 15.1.108.0

Windows 7 Pro.

Will my version of ACT ever be compatible with Outlook 365? Is it in the works? Will an upgrade do the trick?

Thanks,

Tom

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author actcruising
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

Re: Outlook 365 compatible with Act! Pro?

FIXED!!! HALLELUJAH!

I found the fix for this error on the ACT Knowledgebase:

http://kb.swiftpage.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/23311/related/1/session/L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xMzkzMDc2NjU2...

Something about an "unregistered .dll file.

After some simple steps using the command prompt our Office Outlook 365 Home Premium works 100% from within our ACT Pro 2013!

Thanks everyone for helping!

Tom

View solution in original post

All Replies

Unfortunately, no version of Act! is compatible with Office365. The reason behind this is because Office365 does not use a local data file. Additionally, since it's a cloud based service, it's constantly changing which makes it hard for us to develop a way for them to be compatible.

Elise O'Pry
Swiftpage
Visit our knowledgebase at http://kb.act.com
Copper Contributor

Thanks for responding Elise but,

I see that our Outlook 365 data file, Outlook.pst, is stored locally on our desktop pc just like our old Outlook 2007 data file.

Our business email Outlook 365 data file is located: in data file C:\Users\TomOffice\Documents\Outlook Files\Outlook.pst.

Am I wrong?

Tom

Bronze Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Elise wrote:

... Office365 does not use a local data file. Additionally, since it's a cloud based service...

Actually, it depends on which flavor of Office 365 you are using.

Refer to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_Office_365#Office_applications for some more details.

"Office 365" can be a fully online hosted solution.

"Office 365" can be Office 2013 on the local machine.

Microsoft have a lot to answer for for introducing this level of confusion. If they named it properly it wouldn't be such a problem.

Ben.

Copper Contributor

Good point.

Our Home Premium Version Of Outlook 365 is not cloud based. Outlook 365 should work with our Act Pro 2013 for our home business since it works just like previous versions of Outlook. We really need Outlook 365 to work with Act!
Copper Contributor

That's where the confusion is.  But if you have office (outlook) locally installed on the PC it should work.

Copper Contributor

When I first opened the new version of Outlook it failed to load the Act Addin and I tried several times to get the dll file to attach to no avail. I will try again tomorrow since I think you're right, it should work.

Tom
Copper Contributor

Got it to work somewhat. I'm able to manually attach an Outlook email to Act contacts. We don't synchronize Outlook calendar or contacts, we only attach emails to Act contacts which is a valuable feature for us. Now we wait to see if it works automatically.

Problems so far: 

1. When starting Outlook it disables the Act Addin so I have to re-enable it every time.

2. When I try to email from within Act I get this error and Outlook does not load:

Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID
{741 BEEFD-AECO-4AFF-84AF-4 F61 D15 F5526} failed due to the following
80040154 Class not registered (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040154
(REG DB_E_C LASSNOTREG)).

Copper Contributor

Its a pita but once I had trouble getting ACT to play with office and so I uninstalled Act and the reinstalled.  When ACT was reinstalled it saw the office instalation and it just sorta worked.  When you install office after ACT it seems like sometimes it doesn't match up well.

Also, make sure to go under ACT prefrences and click email setup to tell it you are using outlook.

Copper Elite Contributor

here's an add-on that might fix your issue: http://www.designr1.com/shop/office-2013-pack/

30 day free trial.

Office 2013 (which is what office365 is based on) is not fully suppirt by Act! 2013.  Only Act! v16 supports it without an add-on.

Mark Hammer
ACT! Fanatic