Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Outlook 2016 issues with Act Pro v18

Copper Contributor

Outlook 2016 issues with Act Pro v18

[ Edited ]

Just installed Act Pro v18.2 but cant get Outlook 2016 to configure.

I've ran both programs as Administer but Act comes up with a screen that says it can "we can identify that Outlook is installed but we cant configure do you want to run a repair". I run a repair it then says the only mail client is Internet Mail.

I've uninstalled Office 2016 and Act but still the same error.

Anyone come accross this issue? I did a search but the old threads I found said uninstall Office which didn't work...

UPDATE: I just reformatted my computer and now I'm able to run through the Email setup ok but now get "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" error the Outlook crashes

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Outlook 2016 issues with Act Pro v18

Copper Contributor

[ Edited ]

When I click on an email address on a Contact. 

I open up Act, click on a email address, Act pauses (maybe freeze's up?) then around 15 seconds later the error appears

EDIT: Just uninstalled Act then reinstalled and it works! All good now, email works as it should...

Must have been an issue during the previous install... Glad it's working for you now
Copper Contributor

[ Edited ]

Spoke to soon...

Just did the Windows 10 Anniversary update this morning now Act cant find my database and the Addons within Outlook have issues too

EDIT 2: Uninstalled Act then reinstalling fixed the issues with the Windows 10 Anniversary upgrade - all good!

Hi,

Anyone have a workaround for the fact that ACR v18 can't handle incoming e-mails with Outlook 2016?

ACT tell me that it is a "Mircrosoft issue", as the "Perform custom action" isn't available anymore.  Obviously, I can attach all incoming e-mails manually, but this is a pain in the backside - and I'll forget to do it.

Short of going back to Outlook 2010 (which worked like a dream in this respect) I'm not sure what to do.  Essentially 50% of e-mail functionality is lost with the new version.

Not a happy camper.

Thanks - will give it a try.

Was a bit concerned when I saw that it "simply" added buttons to Outlook, as ACT already did this, but then read the manual and saw that there is a function to automatically process incoming e-mail.

If the trial works as I hope, then we'll buy this for the entire company.

Thanks again,

Alistair

Hi,

The Outlook InregrateR1 seems to work well.

There were a couple of issues during iinstallation (the MSI file wouldn't install), but quickly solved by the software supplier with a new EXE file.

Realised that I had to cancel ACT's own e-mail tracking as otherwise all outgoing e-mail go registered twice in ACT, and (being male - having not read the manual) played around with the setting before it all came out as I wanted.

So far, it seems to work well - will trial it for another week and if it performs as I hope it will - then it's a case of placing the order.

System being tested:

Windows 10 Pro (64 bit)

MS Office 2016 (32 bit)

ACT Premium v 18

Thanks for the link - got me out of a real pickle.