08-13-2019 12:31 PM
For some reason ACT Add-in and Address Book don't seem to appear in Outlook 2016 on only one of our clients. We have 6 other clients which have the same exact setup and work fine.
I have gone through every single step of this knowledge base article (https://help.act.com/hc/en-us/articles/360024413433) but still didn't help. In some steps they mention to repair some registry keys but those registry keys don't even appear on this client.
Other than the steps in article I have already tried uninstalling and reinstalling both ACT and Outlook 2016 multiple times.
2 weeks ago
I was able to fix it after going through all possible troubleshooting steps online using these steps:
Outlook Version: 2016
ACT Add-In Issue:
- Close both Act and Outlook. Open Command Prompt as Administrator
- Change to the folder where Act is installed (cd “C:\Program Files (x86)\ACT\Act for Windows”)
- Type “regasm actoutlookaddin.dll” and click enter.
- Type “gacutil /i actoutlookaddin.dll” and click enter.
- Type “exit” to leave the command prompt.
- Reopen Outlook and the add-ins should be there.
Add ACT Address Book to Outlook 2016:
- Go to “C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\System\MSMAPI\1033” and make a copy of the file MAPISVC.INF
- Give "Everyone" full rights to the file MAPISVC.INF
- Open the file in Notepad and paste this exactly as it appears:
ACTSP9=ACT! Address Book
PR_PROVIDER_DISPLAY=ACT! Address Book
PR_DISPLAY_NAME=ACT! Address Book
- Save the file and try adding the ACT Address Book in Outlook. It should show up as an option now.
2 weeks ago
|(1) Try looking at the registry to see if the load behaviour is correct|
|and look for the act! plugin make sure that they both have the Load Behaviour set as 3 it may currently be a 0|