Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Outlook 2010 syncing am I missing a setting somewhere

Outlook 2010 syncing am I missing a setting somewhere

OK, my message didn't seem to take, let me try this again.

I'm running Windows 7 64 bit with Outlook 2010 64 bit (Office Professional 2010). I plan on starting anew business and was a longtime Goldmine 6.7 user and want an alternative that works with Outlook that was easier to use and learn for myself and employees that I may add later. I watched as many training and promo movies of Act and went ahead and downloaded the trial to test. Act seems to have an easy to use yet effective system. I am having a bit of an aggravation with syncing to Outlook in that it seems to only sync to the default contact set in Outlook and I use a business and professional contact folders in Outlook to keep my private info out of Act (business database). Am I missing a setting that would let me choose the contact set in Outlook that I want to sync with?

Also, I have been skimming the forums and it appears that the 64 bit systems (Outlook, Windows) are just not very compatible with Act when it comes to syncing. Has this been addressed? Am I wasting my time continuing this trial? I'm certainly not interested in Goldmine's three thousand dollar new version upgrade of a program that I paid a couple hundred bucks for a few years ago and fought lousy syncing for years on top of that.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Outlook 2010 syncing am I missing a setting somewhere

ACT! works fine with Windows x64 and Outlook 2010 ... but you must install Office 2010 in 32-bit mode (an option with installing on a 64bit OS). Many products still can't work with Office X64 (including many of Microsoft's)

ACT! will only sync to the default Contacts... to sync to a folder, you would need an add-on

Re: Outlook 2010 syncing am I missing a setting somewhere

Thanks, I'll shift my folders around so the default has all my business contacts, that should solve that part of the problem. I'll make sure Office is loaded in 32.