Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Outlook 2010 hangs at Processing after adding Act address book

Outlook 2010 hangs at Processing after adding Act address book

Hello all,

We have a strange situation at one of our clients who uses Act! Pro 2011 and Outlook 2010.

Act is installed on several computers at this company, and the address book is setup and working fine in Outlook 2010 on all of them. However, if I now create a new Outlook profile on any of these computers, then add the Act address book using the same DB and credentials, the next time Outlook is started it hangs at Processing seemingly forever. I've left it for 30 minutes and come back, and it's still at Processing.

We did not experience this behaviour when Act address books were added to Outlook on these same computers previously, so I'm trying to figure out what has changed since then. The only thing I can think of that's been changed in Outlook is the users now share Calendars through Exchange.

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Geoff.

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Outlook 2010 hangs at Processing after adding Act address book

Hello Geoff,

Welcome to the ACT! Community!

I'm not aware of an issue with shared calendars causing this, but can you create a new Outlook profile that doesn't share calendars and test with it? Try to isolate if shared calendars is the culprit or not.

To verify: If you open the 'old' Outlook profile, does it now hang like the new profile?

If the old profiles respond as expected, it would indicate that there are no changes outside of the new Outlook profiles causing the issue.  For example: it's not the firewall blocking communication.

Greg Martin
Sage