Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Outlook 2010 and Act 2012

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Outlook 2010 and Act 2012

Am I stuck with the wrong set up for email? 2010 outlook, Act 2012 on a windows 7 64 bit desktop.  I used the email setup wizard.

When writing an email, it doesn't seem to link with the contact's email address.   I purchased MS office with outlook 2010 at the recommendation of the Act sales contact when I upgraded from a previous version of act.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author rbooos
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Outlook 2010 and Act 2012

Just to verify, are you saying that you can initiate an email from within ACT! and it will open a new email message in Outlook - but it doesn't record the email in History?  Or that you didn't see Outlook as an option within ACT! email setup?

If it will create a new Outlook email, it may be that the ACT! Adress Book is not set up in Outlook; here is an article which addresses this situation: KB Article 23022

If Outlook is not an option in the email setup, as Scott points out, check which version of Outlook is installed (32 or 64 bit).

Greg Martin
Sage

View solution in original post

All Replies
Bronze Super Contributor

One thing you need to verify:  Are you using the 32bit version or the 64bit version of Office?

ACT! cannot integrate with the 64bit version...

Solution
Accepted by topic author rbooos
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Super Contributor

Just to verify, are you saying that you can initiate an email from within ACT! and it will open a new email message in Outlook - but it doesn't record the email in History?  Or that you didn't see Outlook as an option within ACT! email setup?

If it will create a new Outlook email, it may be that the ACT! Adress Book is not set up in Outlook; here is an article which addresses this situation: KB Article 23022

If Outlook is not an option in the email setup, as Scott points out, check which version of Outlook is installed (32 or 64 bit).

Greg Martin
Sage

I checked and saw my Office version is 32 bit.

Thank you, the contact email address now fills in the address field when I compose a new message.. When I asked for help Fri. I had to select the recipients address. Not sure what changed but it's working for me.