Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Outlook 2010 address book configuration

Outlook 2010 address book configuration

[ Edited ]

So the situation is as follows:

-Act is served on windows server 2008

-Act is on the client computer on windows 7 and works

-Outlook 2010 has from the beginning given error on startup that ACT address book is not properly congifugred and asks if the used want's to configure it now.

-When i press yes, the dialog lists properly the local ACT db address book (this is a laptop that switches between local and network db) network ACT adress book is not listed, i press add.

-I get "add/edit address book" dialog that has been pre filled.

-I press OK, but leave password field empty as the act db does not have password set

-I get error message "Unable to access the ACT! database..."

I tried to configure the address book according to support article i found on this site, but when the article intructs me to add new address book in Outlook's "Addressing dialog" i click add and do not found any address book that has ACT! in the title.

Silver Contributor

Re: Outlook 2010 address book configuration

I think you are close.  The dialog box brings up the currently open ACT database. So assuming that this is the database you want to record history too, just enter your password and you should be all set.  (the .pad file may be local to you and this may have been confusing.  however, the pad file is just a pointer to the main database.

Here is an article that goes into more detail and provides additonal troubleshooting steps if the most common issue i have listed is not the only problem.

http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/13531/~/error%3A-the-act!-address-book-serv...

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider