Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Outlook 2010 Beta and ACT 2010

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

Outlook 2010 Beta and ACT 2010

I downloaded Outlook 2010 Beta. At first it was still integrated with ACT! 2010 just like Outlook 2007. This morning when I tried to send an e-mail using a template I got a message asking me if I wanted to set up the e-mail system. When I clicked yes and started to navigate, it only shows the option to set up internet mail. It doesn't show that Outlook is an available e-mail program.

Any tips? 

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author steed1
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Outlook 2010 Beta and ACT 2010

Like I said... typically 30-60 days after full retail release would be when to expect it. Longer if there are more complex changes by Microsoft

Otherwise they end up doing patches every month for something very few users have instead of adding higher priority enhancements

View solution in original post

All Replies

Most likely a patch to Office 2010 broke the previous link... this is why Sage doesn't support new builds of Office till after retail release

I've encountered exactly the same problem with the 2010 beta.

I would have thought that with the official launch so close, that the current beta will be virtually the release candidate.

I do hope it gets sorted very soon.

Historically, Microsoft products get changes right up to the release that affect products working with them.

In the past, ACT! has added support for new versions of Office about 30-60 days after retail release, but sometimes it's longer... like with Office 2007 it took longer because all the file formats changed.

Things like this chould be expected by beta users of any software

Copper Contributor

Well that answers my question. I suppose it's goodbye to Office 2010 for a while.

I like Outlook 2010 beta too much to go back, so I'm going to wait it out.

I like to believe that the lack of connection of ACT 2010 to the worlds most used email package, albeit the beta version, has got to be a pretty high priority to resolve.

I am the eternal optimist.

Solution
Accepted by topic author steed1
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Like I said... typically 30-60 days after full retail release would be when to expect it. Longer if there are more complex changes by Microsoft

Otherwise they end up doing patches every month for something very few users have instead of adding higher priority enhancements

The issue is QA. Yes, development would be working on any changes necessary but even if none appear to be required, the formal QA process won't happen until the production version of Office 2010 is available. That was true when I was in ACT! tech support and I assume it is still true today.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

The overwhelming use of MS Office 2010 Beta is not just a "few users" as you state. We have been using it since last fall and it is performing flawlessly and extremely stable EXCEPT for the inability to sync with ACT! It is very, very frustrating and has led many including me to explore some alternatives to ACT for CRM.
Astute Commentator

Hi All,

Office 2010 is now shipping.  What can I expect with respect to ACT 2010 integrating with outlook 2010?

Thanks.