Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Outlook 2007 will not function with Act2010...

Outlook 2007 will not function with Act2010...

I recently tried to click on an email address I have for one of my contacts and ACT just stopped working.  It froze and I could do nothing but shut down the program and restart it.  Then when I tried to click on the email address or the Write Email button, I get the following message in a box:  The e-mail system has not been set up.  The e-mail system must be set up before you can send or receive email messages.  Would you like to set up an e-mail system now?  with Yes and No boxes for options.  If I click on Yes, it brings up the Welcome to the E-mail Setup.  Pressing "Next" pops up a box with a Red Circle with white X in it that says:  Object reference not set to an instance of an object.  What the heck does that mean? 

So I close that and the E-mail Setup Wizard is now on step 2 of 3 asking for what email systems I want to use with ACT and there is nothing to choose from.  I am pretty sure I used to be able to click on the Write Email button or click on an email address and have a new outlook message box come up, and now I get these messages.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Any easy to follow instructions would be greatly appreciated that is.  I am not tech savvy.

Thanks.

Re: Outlook 2007 will not function with Act2010...

Come on now, over 70 people have read this post.  Surely someone knows what to do to make this work. Smiley Happy I even used the Help function on setting up email and that doesn't give any answers.  In the E-mail set up tool, it does not show Outlook as one of the available e-mail systems.  If it did, I would probably be able to make this work.  Help......................Please!!!

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Outlook 2007 will not function with Act2010...

Hello id2nv2nj2ca,

Please see the information in Knowledgebase Article 23426 for a possible solution.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.