Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Outlook 2007 not allowing me to use Act 2010 address book using Windows 7 Pro

Outlook 2007 not allowing me to use Act 2010 address book using Windows 7 Pro

I've just upgraded my OS to Windows 7 Pro and upgraded to Act 2010 from 08.  Everything works great except for the fact that I cannot change the address book in Outlook 2007 to my Act database (I was able to do this with Act 08 and Windows XP).  I've got Act set up with the Outlook as my primary program for e-mail, but that's as far as it goes.  Can anyone tell me how I can solve this problem??

I'm new to this forum, so I have another question based on some of the blogs I've been reading.  It seems that there is a rule that I can create so that e-mails received in outlook can be automatically attached to the primary sender.  Is this true, and if it is could someone post a link that tells me how to create this rule?  (of course this will work only if I can get Outlook 07 to recognize an Act addressbook.

Thanks for your help.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Outlook 2007 not allowing me to use Act 2010 address book using Windows 7 Pro

Re: Outlook 2007 not allowing me to use Act 2010 address book using Windows 7 Pro

Yes I have, this is what makes this problem so frustrating to me.  I've followed all of the steps, set up Outlook as the primary program and the Act database as the address book.  The only think I can think is creating this problem is Windows 7 pro.  Am I correct that there may be problems with the new OS?
Platinum Elite Contributor

Hello mschopf,

When you say that you cannot add your ACT! address to Outlook 2007, what exactly is happening when you try to add it? Are there any error messages in ACT! and/or Outlook?

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Hi, the address book is not an option when I want to add it in Outlook.  I have fixed this problem, with the help of ACT support.

After I installed Windows 7 on my laptop, I installed ACT before Windows Office.  Apparently Office needs to be installed on the computer before Act is so that the proper add-ins/files are included during the download.  You learn something new every day, althoug I believe that most people already knew this info.

Thanks for all of your help - I really appreciate it.