Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Outlook 2007 and Act! 2011 synchronization failed

Outlook 2007 and Act! 2011 synchronization failed

Have just started getting everything working and a big prob has come up. I go through the synch process step by step for Outlook in Act! and it appears to synch the Contacts (although no email is being shown as recorded) and the calendar? it just continues to come back wiht and error msg 'calendar synchronization failed'.

The primary reason I dropped Maximizer was for the claimed functionality of Outlook on Act! Any ideas?

TIA

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Outlook 2007 and Act! 2011 synchronization failed

Hello Yvrapx,

Welcome to the ACT! Online Community!

About emails being recorded: that isn't a function of the ACT! and Outlook sync, emails are recorded by setting Outlook as the email client for ACT! and adding the ACT! address book to Outlook.  Here is an article with instructions: KB Article 26832

For the error synchronizing your calendar: try selecting a shorter time frame for the sync (7 days before/7 days after) and test the sync.  If it is successful, you can then expand the timeframe and test.  The error may be caused by a corrupted activity on either the ACT! or Outlook calendars.

Greg Martin
Sage

Hi Greg,
Have done this and am still getting the error msg. I was also under the impression the calendar in Outlook could be viewed in Act! as well as emails received in Outlook by Act! Contacts.

The next steps in troubleshooting are to run maintenance on your database, and if that does not resolve the issue > test the sync with a different database (ex: Act!Demo or create a new db).  If that still does not resolve the issue, you will run the Office Diagnostics to repair the Office installation.

1. Maintenance: in ACT! > Tools > Database Maintenance > Check and Repair

2. test with different database

3. Office Diagnostics: under Start > Programs > Office > Office Tools > Office Diagnostics

With ACT! and Outlook synchronizing you will see the Outlook calendar items on the ACT! calendar (you will not see the actual Outlook calendar).  For incoming emails, they are not automatically attached.  With the integration in place you can use the 'Quick Attach' or 'Attach to Contact' options to manually attach the emails or set up an Outlook rule to automatically attempt to attach all incoming emails.  Here is an article for creating an Outlook Rule: KB Article 23020

Greg Martin
Sage

Having similar problem.  Act Pro says "Connecting to Outlook", then Contacts and Database Synchronization Failed"  This is a pre-sales question...

Sorry meant to indicate that the version of Outlook is 2000 not 2007. I'll start another thread if you think it best...

Hi,
Donty bother I had the issue sorted by the Sage IT guys they had to work it remotely. It was beyond my ken but they seemed to know what was up and after 40 mins it was fixed. Thanks for the help and offer.
Cheers

Blawrie,

If 'Outlook 2000' is not a typo - it will not be able to sync.  Act! 2011 is not compatible with Office 2000.

Greg Martin
Sage

I too am having synchronization problems. My OS is Windows 7. I performed both the "database maintenance" in Act and the "Office" program using both a currently used database and a new database for test purposes.  Any suggestions will help.  I've been an ACT user since 4.0.

Thanks 

Copper Contributor

Having the same problem

2011 PRO

Outlook 2007

Windows 7

Repaired DB

Ran office diagnostic

did email set up

Did have problem with oultook diabling Act Add-in - fixed that, all icons etc work

ACT database is available in outlook

Thanks for help Smiley Sad

Tom David Moxam