Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Outlook 2007 & Act 2010

Copper Contributor

Outlook 2007 & Act 2010

I have applied all hotfixes but i am still having issues with Outlook locking up. I cant seem to find the link between Act about when it fires the lock, but i do know that when Act isnt running, Outlook is fine.

Has anyone esle come acorss this, or can anyone point me in a direction for a solution? Its happening to multiple users on our network. It doesnt seem to differentiate between Windows 7 32 or 64 bit, Vista or XP.

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Outlook 2007 & Act 2010

Two common causes we have found are conflicting Outlook add-ins Or firewall/anti-virus blocking.  Look at this article for exceptions to add to your firewall and retest: KB Article 25125.

Greg Martin
Sage
Copper Contributor

Thanks for the information. I had already configured my firewall for all instances in regards to ACT and Outlook. I will re-check and see if it makes a difference.

Check that the Act.Outlook.Service isn't using an insane amount of memory, with hundreds or thousands of messages unattached and not cleared out.

Read my earlier post as you have the same symptoms that exhibited when I upgraded ACT to the SP1 upgrade.  I had to work with an ACT Technical support person that removed all of the upgrade files from my version and this problem went away.  They acknowledged the SP1 upgrade caused the problem and their typical tech support was no help so I had to ask the tech support person to escalate the service problem.  They were reluctant but I was insistent because I could not tolerate the problems with memory consumption, lockups and the inability for attachments to work properly with my single user of ACT.  I can only imagine how difficult this would be with a server!!!

Good luck and insist on escalation of the problem and I am sure the tech support person from Sage ( typically from Atlanta, GA) will be able to help with this problem.

I am in Medical Sales and have used ACT since version 2.0 was released.

Unfortunately I've been working with this version too long to revert now.

I've emailed the management at Sage and also the Australian representatives.  I'm hoping to see some attention.

Copper Elite Contributor

Mortbrad,

Have you downloaded and applied Hot Fix 2? This address's the issue that you explain, also you can email the ACT! support team on actsupport.pacific@sage.com 

Click on the link below to read what Hot FIx 2 fixes for ACT! 2010

http://tinyurl.com/2uhgyvy

Kurt Rosemann

Platinum Act! Consultants
Kurt@ActiveSales.net | www.ActiveSales.net | 877-569-8005
Copper Contributor

For me it isnt the Act.Outlook.Services.exe holding the memory, its the Outlook.exe. It only locks up when i dismiss a calendar appointment, and if Act is not installed on the PC, the issue goes away.

Kurt,

I have indeed installed the Hotfix 2 and it may have fixed the memory leak but the ridiculous queue size that never gets cleared remains.

On top of that it would seem that my Outlook integration with Act is broken because the names are coming from Outlook in first name/lastname order and Act seems to have them in Last name/First name order.

Copper Elite Contributor

Hello Mort,

You try attaching them again by using the utility on the task bar, It not going to match on the contacts name, but by there email address.

You need to make sure that the person that you want the email attached to is in your database and the emails match, my email shows as rosemann,Kurt in my outlook inbox, we use exchange, but my email address show in ACT! As kurt.rosemann@sage and emails get attached fine.

If you don't want to worry about the emails in the history queue you can delete them.

Let me know if you have any other issues

Kurt Rosemann

Platinum Act! Consultants
Kurt@ActiveSales.net | www.ActiveSales.net | 877-569-8005