Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Outlook 2007 add-ins

Copper Contributor

Outlook 2007 add-ins

Hi,

I have ACT! by Sage 2008 (10.0) Version 10.0.3.182 English (United Kingdom) and Outlook 2007 12.0, I have disinstallet the Act add-in in Outlook to solve some compatibilyproblems withan other add-in.

Now I must reinstall the Act add-in in Outlook how can do ?

Thanks

Marazzini AR&D ltd

Re: Outlook 2007 add-ins

I wish someone had answered this question.

Smiley Sad

Bronze Super Contributor

I'd start by seeing if any of the suggestions in KB 23022 help:

http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/23022/

Thanks - I'm going to try repairing the problem by reinstalling ACT. 

Hoping that works,

Frustrated

Re: ACT! 2008 and Microsoft Outlook 2007

I use ACT! 2008, Microsoft Outlook 2007, and Windows XP on a PC. 

Back in the day, during install, an ACT! technician remotely logged on to my PC and hooked things up so that my ACT! worked through Outlook for e-mail.  It was great.  From then on until last week, when I sent an e-mail from ACT!, it went out via Outlook and left evidence of the communication by showing the message in Sent Items in Outlook and in History in ACT!. 

In ACT!, the date and time of the e-mail showed and the text of the e-mail was attached so that I could view it in ACT! History and could get the full text by clicking on it in ACT!. 

Now, suddenly there is still evidence in Outlook as before, but there is no evidence in ACT! of any e-mail sent through ACT!.  The e-mail goes but leaves no trace in ACT!.  I think Outlook is OK because Sent Items show up there when using ACT! to send and also when using Outlook to send without involving ACT! 

I am entirely a novice when it comes to software issues like this and I have no idea what the technician did when he linked things up originally.  I would really like to get the interrelationships between ACT! and Outlook back to the way they were so that I can make full use of ACT!. 

Can anyone help?

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: ACT! 2008 and Microsoft Outlook 2007

This sounds like the ACT! Address Book has been removed from Outlook (or the add-in disabled).  Here is an article for troubleshooting: KB Article 23022

Greg Martin
Sage