Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Outlook 2003 remaining open/ something caused by ACT?

Outlook 2003 remaining open/ something caused by ACT?

I have ACT 11.0.  My Outlook 2003 seems to remain open when I shut it off, and my consultant thinks that there is a helper file of some kind in ACT that opens Outlook and won't let it close down normally.  When this problem arises, and I look at the task-manager, there are indeed some act.outlook.exe files that appear to be running.  Has anyone encountered this problem?

Also, is it recommended that Outlook 2007 is more compatible with ACT 11.0?  Thank you very much.

Bronze Contributor

Re: Outlook 2003 remaining open/ something caused by ACT?

I run both Outlook 2003 and Outlook 2007 on different machines and if anything I prefer Outlook 2003. you might try from the help menu run detect and repair in Outlook as I have found often this will resolve some of the issues which develop in Outlook over time.

Also check the disabled items and see if there are any in here which might be causing this problem.

The only other addin I found on a couple of systems recently caused problems was the new acrobat reader but woudl look at this as a second step

Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.