Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Outlook 2003 errors using ACT 2009

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Outlook 2003 errors using ACT 2009

After having some issues with Outlook 2007, I downgraded back to Outlook 2003.  I am now receiving the error, "Add-In "C\Windows\System32\Act7EXT.DLL could not be installed or loaded" whenever I start Outlook 2003.  I tried the detect and repair feature in Outlook and that doesn't do anything.

I also get the error message "ACT!  Object reference not set to an instance of an object" whenever trying to send an email through Outlook 2003 or ACT 2009.  In Outlook, it does go away when I uncheck using Word as my email editor but I prefer to use Word as my email editor and there's got to be some other fixes for this. Regardless it still shows up in ACT 2009 when I click on an email address. 

Any suggestions?

Thanks, Rob

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author rgomberg
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Elite Contributor

Re: Outlook 2003 errors using ACT 2009

Rob,

As far as the first issue with Act7EXT.DLL, Check out KB# 23022 it will have you checking the disabled items in Outlook

Help > About Microsoft Outlook > (lower right portion of screen) Disabled Items

For the "Object Reference not set to an instance of an object error" try this:

1. If you have Microsoft Office 2007 Primary Interop Assemblies installed, remove it using Add/Remove Program in Control Panel.

Try and see if this has fixed the issue.  If not:

2. Reboot machine

3. Close all open applications

4. Start > Run > Cmd

5. Find and run the file MachineConfigUpdater.exe which should be in or close to the directory:

C:\Program Files\ACT\ACT For Windows\

6. Reboot Machine

Try once more to see if it works.

If not, use Eventvwr.msc to check your application and system log files.  With ACT! closed you can

also run logviewer.exe in the directory mentioned above to see if any helpful error messages or diagnostic

information was written to ACT's log file.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author rgomberg
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Elite Contributor

Re: Outlook 2003 errors using ACT 2009

Rob,

As far as the first issue with Act7EXT.DLL, Check out KB# 23022 it will have you checking the disabled items in Outlook

Help > About Microsoft Outlook > (lower right portion of screen) Disabled Items

For the "Object Reference not set to an instance of an object error" try this:

1. If you have Microsoft Office 2007 Primary Interop Assemblies installed, remove it using Add/Remove Program in Control Panel.

Try and see if this has fixed the issue.  If not:

2. Reboot machine

3. Close all open applications

4. Start > Run > Cmd

5. Find and run the file MachineConfigUpdater.exe which should be in or close to the directory:

C:\Program Files\ACT\ACT For Windows\

6. Reboot Machine

Try once more to see if it works.

If not, use Eventvwr.msc to check your application and system log files.  With ACT! closed you can

also run logviewer.exe in the directory mentioned above to see if any helpful error messages or diagnostic

information was written to ACT's log file.