Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Outlook 2003 crashes with ACT! 10.0

Outlook 2003 crashes with ACT! 10.0

I work in an office of 3 people who use ACT 10.0 and Outlook 2003.  We are all having issues with our computers freezing when trying to send an email from Outlook.  It seems as though ACT is opening itself independetly and interferes with the message.  We get an error message: HRESULT: 0x00A01A8

Also, when ACT is open and running, it completely crashes Outlook on one of our computers several times a day. 

Is this a bug with ACT 10.0 or with Outlook 2003? 

Re: Outlook 2003 crashes with ACT! 10.0

I am also having problems but mine does not crash but it does crawl. I wish someone could tell me how to get rid of the ACT email and just go back to Outlook 2003 like before.
Platinum Elite Contributor

This sounds like another software also working with Outlook that may be conflicting with ACT!. Do your computers have a program called Business Contact Manager installed?  Look in Add/Remove Programs.

If so then, in Outlook, go to Tools/Options/Other/Advanced/Add-In Manager and uncheck the Business Contact Manager extension.  BCM is an contact manager add-on for Outlook that conflicts with ACT!. The best thing to do is uninstall it completely if you are not using, but disabling it may work.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Platinum Elite Contributor

etasystems:

If you would like disable the Outlook integration with ACT, then go to Tools/Preferences/Email/Email System Setup.  When given the choice of email programs, uncheck Microsoft Outlook and complete the wizard.  This will "disconnect" ACT and Outlook.

If you want to integrate the two programs but would like to use Outlook instead of ACT Email, then follow the same steps, except that when prompted leave Outlook checked and on the next screen, choose to use Outlook as default email instead of ACT Email.  This will require you add the ACT! Address book to Outlook.  You can refer Knowledgebase article 19204 for instructions on adding the address book.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.