Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Outlook 2003 Locking Up Since ACT! 2008 Was Installed

Outlook 2003 Locking Up Since ACT! 2008 Was Installed

Immediately after we had ACT! 2008 installed I noticed that it was tied into my Outlook and Outlook was running slower. I was also getting error messages concerning ACT! Scheduler. A few weeks later I started my computer and opened Outlook and it gave me an another error message. I hit okay out of habit thinking it was the same error message I had been getting and then I realized this message was different than before and it said something about a file in Outlook had gone bad and needed repaired. It went off the screen before I could read the whole thing and after that is when Outlook started locking up.

When I open Outlook 2003 it will let me navigate through menus and such but as soon as I open a message and reply or start a new message it gets locked up and I have to shut it down. When I shut it down it does not say "not responding". I then have to wait a minute before it shuts down and start the whole thing over for the next message I want to open. I took ACT! out of the add-ins in Outlook but I am still having problems. I searched Google and found other people with this problem going back to ACT! version 6.

Can anyone help me please?! Thanks.

Copper Contributor

Re: Outlook 2003 Locking Up Since ACT! 2008 Was Installed

Most of the integration problems I've had have been due to Microsoft programs, not ACT!  What version of Windows are you running?

Windows XP Professional
Platinum Elite Contributor

It's usually not ACT!, but the MS driver (other apps also have this issue).

Make sure you update all ACT! systems to 10.02 (it fixes a few thing) and, in Outlook - Help | Detect and Repair

You can download the current ACT! patch from http://www.act.com/support/updates/index.cfm