Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Otlook 2007 - Act 2009 v.11 conflict

Otlook 2007 - Act 2009 v.11 conflict

Act! technical support has been unable to resolve the apparent conflict I have between Outlook and Act!.  I am a user that is very basically computer knowledgeable.  Outlook crashes, closes, periodically.  I can not duplicate the action.  I have spent a few 'hours' on the phone with Microsoft tech support, thinking the problem is an Outlook problem.  The only way to stop the closing is to remove the Act! Address Book.  As noted, Act! support, and my $45, has been unable to resolve the conflict, while Act! management has not answered the 3 emails I sent to them.

Is there someone that can help me resolve this problem?

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Otlook 2007 - Act 2009 v.11 conflict

I have sent you a Personal Message - please access your messages and respond directly through the Personal Message.

Access Personal Messages

Greg Martin
Sage
Copper Elite Contributor

I too am having an Outlook / ACT! address book problem. Was there a solution that can be posted here? I'm clueless as to what to try next.

Thanks.

[ Edited ]

I echo the problem.  ACT technical support is useless !!!  They went so far as to suggest that I disable an email tracking or integration with Outlook.  They went thru and disable all AddIns and even then Outlook did not properly shut down.

ACT technical support suggested that I should shut down Outlook using the Task Manager as a routine solution. [Edit: inappropriate content removed]  The web is full of complaints about Outlook not properly shutting down with ACT and yet they continue to ignore the reality or fix it.

As far as I'm concerned, until ACT can effectively integrate with Outlook, the ACT program is totally useless and a waste of money!!!  They did not even have the courtesy to offer to extend their limited 30 day support until this fundamental problem is resolved.  ACT apparently takes no ownership nor responsibility for their program not meeting the specifications and functionality they advertise.

Message Edited by ghollister on 03-11-2010 06:58 PM