10-27-2010 10:48 AM
I have Act!2007 and QB 2008. Act!Link is not supported on this combination and I want to integrate QB with Act Contacts, so it seems like I need to upgrade Act.
1) Can I upgrade to Act!2008(10.0.2) only? This would allow me to purchase QBSalesData for the QB/Act Link. If yes, where do I find the software/pricing for the Act upgrade?
2) If not, what are my other upgrade options? And where do I find the pricing?
3) I'm interested in the functionality that Act!Link for QB provides. What are some of your experiences with the 3rd party products out there? It doesn't seem like Act!Link will have anymore releases, so maybe going with a 3rd party now is the way to go.
Thank you for any insights. The more detail the better. I've visited the major 3rd party websites, but it is hard to compare.
11-04-2010 09:02 AM
With the Xact Link for ACT! and QuickBooks from Xact Software, refer www.actforQB.com and the attached brochure below, you can run with ACT! 2007 through to ACT! Pro 2011. Supports QuickBooks 2004 through QuickBooks 2011.
The Xact Link for ACT! and QuickBooks was the original third party link and includes support for the older versions of ACT! including the ACT! opportunities feature to allow for creation of a QB estimate from an ACT! opportunity. No other QB links have the depth of compatability.
Rather than running a scheduled push of data to ACT! from QuickBooks, the Xact Link for ACT! and QuickBooks works direct to the QB database so information is live and not delayed until the next scheduled import.
The price per user is US$179.00 and there is no requirement for server licence or ongoing annual maintenance fees.
11-07-2010 08:52 AM
Don't think you can still purchase ACT 2008...
If you want to use opportunities in ACT to forecast sales, you would also benefit from being on ACT 2010 or higher. You can find pricing at http://www.act.com/products/sage-act-2011/
As far as reviews for QBSalesData, you can use the links below to see what are customers think about our product.
11-08-2010 12:19 PM
I am interested a simple product and XACT might work.
1) I'm concerned about how XACT handles an Act upgrade. We can't stay on Act 2007 forever. What happens to the XACT link when we upgrade to ACT2008 and we've already linked our customers?
2) We are just a small 3 person shop, so we need easy support options. But I couldn't find any community forum for XACT. Is the only option to pay hourly for support?
3) What if the XACT stops working, does it take down QB or Act?
4) How do I know when XACT needs to be updated? Do I get free bug fixes? The web site doesn't explain very well.
Is there a way to continue my questions somewhere else?
11-08-2010 12:58 PM
The Xact Link for ACT! and QuickBooks is not a complex install process. To date we have never charged for upgrades for our product and unless there is need to do so because either ACT! or QuickBooks changes fundamentally then, there is no intent to charge for upgrade. We just add features on a regular basis and you can download the latest and install straight over the top of the existing installation to get the latest features. It saves links to QB so you don't have to re-establish them.
As a product ACT! is designed to be forward compatible, so all being equal, there is no work for us to do between ACT! versions with the exception of major changes like the separate Opportunities entity introduced in ACT! 2010.
You don't have to stay on ACT! 2007. Our product works with any version of ACT! 2007 forward, same version of our product works with all versions of ACT! 2007 onward.
We do not charge for installation support. The installation is straight forward and instructions are included with the software. It is important to read them prior to installation. If you have an issue then make contact and if necessary remotely connect and assist with installation at no charge.
The Xact Link for ACT! and QuickBooks is a plugin to ACT!, as such it does not not affect the operation of QB or ACT! It loads when ACT! is started. You can readily rename the plugin to stop it loading if at any time had a problem.