Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Option to convert Character to memo does not appear

Option to convert Character to memo does not appear

I am trying to convert a number of character fields into memo fields (no notice there isn't a wrap feature on character), But when I edit the field, and try to convert it, the memo option does not appear in the drop down.  Any ideas why?  I would hate to have to recreate all of these fields and the reports again.  Version is Sage ACT! Premium 2011 Version 13.1.111.0, Hot Fix 4

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Option to convert Character to memo does not appear

A memo field isn't really a data type but a special field format and isn't part of the standard field structure. It can only be selected at the time a field is first created. In addition to creating the memo field you will need to edit your layout to add the memo fields in place of the character fields, again you must create the memo fields separately in the layout.

Memo fields are very useful if you want to keep some notes on the screen all the time. However the use of memo fields should be limited and not used simply to get a character field to word wrap. 

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Ok, thanks.  How about a picture in a report?  I want my logo embedded, but following the instructions, and seeing the logo in the template, upon print or preview, the logo does not appear.  2K size so I doubt it's a size limitation.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Pictures and some graphics don't show in report print preview.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Thanks for the assistance!