Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Opportunity screen field spacing problems after changing layout

Astute Commentator

Opportunity screen field spacing problems after changing layout

We have ACT 2012 and I've made several changes to the Opportunity layout with no problems.  However, today after making some changes, the fields are scrunched together.  Everything looks fine in the layout designer screen, but in the actual Opportunities screen, the fields are squished together.  I've tried opening the form properties ad messing with the size, and tried dragging the page margin line around, and that does nothing.  See links below for screen shots.  Any ideas?  Thanks!

This is how everything is showing up in the layout designer screen (note field labels spaced well):

Layout Screen

But after I save my changes it looks like this (note several field labels cut off and/or squished together):

Opportunity Screen

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Opportunity screen field spacing problems after changing layout

What is your screen DPI resolution set too? It needs to be set ot Normal or 96 DPI.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Astute Commentator

Re: Opportunity screen field spacing problems after changing layout

I'm not sure the exact DPI but I know I have it set at Medium (I have to wk from a little laptop and I'm blind as a bat!)  I spent forever yesterday trying to fix it and look through the forums, then I had to restart ACT this morning and now it's fine...my computer acts weird from time to time so I shouldn't be surprised.  Thanks for your help and if this problem persists, I'll try switching back to itty-bitty mode Smiley Wink