Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Opportunity report question

Opportunity report question

I have created a new opportunity report that shows Opportunity Product details for all opportunities (filterd of course by date & status).  In the details area I show the Product name and it's cost.  All that works fine but I would like to eliminate all lines where the cost is zero.  Is there some way to do that or do I have to use an external reporting tool?

Thanks

Les

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Opportunity report question

I believe that would be possible with the ACT! reports  but it would involve using a sub-report and VB scripting to create the desired report.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Obviously I'm missing something. I cannot find any reference material on how to do this.  The online help only lists about 6 topics for the Subreports. There are no refernces to VBSCRIPT anyplace in the docs.  I have found a a report that contains subreports but when I click on the subreport all I see is it's view. 

Subreports apparently link via a field.  But without an explanation of what a subreport is, how to create it etc, I don't really know what that field means.

Is ther some document somewhere that explains subreports and vbscript?  I didn't see anything in the SDK either...

Thanks for your help.

Les

Platinum Elite Contributor

There is a third party book with comprehensive training information on the ACT! reports, here is the link.

https://www.packtpub.com/sage-act-2011-dashboard-and-report-cookbook/book

Full disclosure I wrote the reports chapters of the book.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

OK. Ignore that previous post. I've found the information in the KB.